Gangfree.org was developed by the Gang Alternatives Program (GAP), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides services and programs to promote a gangfree lifestyle to young people and their families.
Every day, GAP’s positive impact is felt by thousands of people in multiple communities in and around the Los Angeles area – from Watts to Wilmington, Lennox to Lomita, El Sereno to San Pedro, and Harbor City to Boyle Heights. By introducing Gangfree.org, GAP can expand its support to countless young people throughout the nation.
Our Gangfree Vision:
To prevent young people from joining gangs.
Our Gangfree Mission:
To eliminate the base of gang membership by having a generation of young people say, “no” to gangs and “yes” to positive lifestyle choices.
Our Gangfree Goals:
- Promote a Gangfree lifestyle to all young people and their families
Provide gang awareness and gang prevention education to all elementary and middle school age children.
- Offer a parent education component to support children in resisting the temptations of gang membership.
- Operate an outreach program for at-risk youth, offering referral and counseling services.
- Maintain a graffiti removal and community clean up service for areas around schools, parks, businesses and residences
Our Gangfree program components:
- a school-based youth gang prevention curriculum for 2nd, 4th,
and 6th grades
- a court approved parent and teen education program
- a graffiti prevention education program
- an extensive graffiti abatement program
- a bulky items pick up program
- community beautification
- youth job training and development
- case management
- STEP-UP! after school programs
- outreach and referral services, and
- the Gangfree Life®